Amphibian Ark is pleased to announce a call for proposals for a second round of Seed Grants in 2017. This competitive $5,000 grant is intended to fund start-up ex situ rescue projects for amphibian species that cannot currently be saved in the wild.
Successful proposals will reflect AArk values; please pay careful attention to the grant guidelines (attached, in both English and Spanish, and also at www.amphibianark.org/aark-seed-grant/ ) for details on which types of projects are favored. Past grantees can be seen at the web link listed above.
- grant application deadline: 1 November 2017
- grant decision/notification date: 15 November 2017
- winners must provide bank details by: 21 November 2017
- grant payment date: 1 December 2017
- final progress report, species action plan and husbandry guidelines due 1 December 2018.
Please circulate this information amongst your colleagues, so we can hopefully attract grant applications from a wide range of ex situ projects.
AArk staff are available if you need assistance in formulating your proposal. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. Each year several proposals have been rejected due to issues that could have been prevented!
Inquiries can be directed to KevinJ@amphibianark.org.